Inside Artwork: Yes
Finish Type: TBA
||Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman, Bob Gunton, William Sadler, Clancy Brown, Gil Bellows
ENGLISH: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
SPANISH (CASTILIAN): Dolby Digital 5.1
MANDARIN: Dolby Digital 2.0
SPANISH (LATIN): Dolby Digital 5.1
FRENCH (CANADIAN): Dolby Digital 5.1
FRENCH (PARISIAN): Dolby Digital 5.1
GERMAN: Dolby Digital 5.1
HUNGARIAN: Dolby Digital 5.1
ITALIAN: Dolby Digital 5.1
JAPAN: Dolby Digital 5.1
POLISH (VO): Dolby Digital 5.1
||English SDH, Chinese - Simplified, Chinese - Simplified forced, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French - Parisian, French - Parisian forced, German SDH, German forced, Chinese - Complex, Hungarian forced, Spanish - Latin, Spanish - Latin forced, Swedish, Italian forced, Italian SDH, Japanese, Japanese forced, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Spanish - Castilian, Spanish - Castilian forced
|Number of Discs:
|Orig Release Date:
- Hope Springs Eternal: A Look Back at The Shawshank Redemption (480p, 31:01) Frank Darabont and members of the cast and crew initially talk about how the film's under-the- radar box office debut and confusing title (Scrimshaw Redaction? Shinkshank Reduction?) led the film to sneak up on people, ingraining itself in pop culture over the years through video rentals. The rest of the feature covers nearly all elements of The Shawshank Redemption's production and themes, including the casting, the set design, the script, and the score. More affecting though, are the cast member's ruminations on the film's themes of institutionalization, hope, friendship, and freedom.
- Shawshank: The Redeeming Feature (SD, 48:17) This documentary features interviews with director Darabont and many members of the cast, each providing anecdotes and insights about the film's production and themes. Much of the running time is devoted to the film's meteoric rise in public awareness after its release on video, and we even get to see Col Needham, the founder of imdb.com, discussing Shawshank's unassailable place at the near top of the site's Best Films list.
- The Sharktank Redemption (SD, 24:46) This parody stars Morgan Freeman's son Alfonso as Fred Redding, a lowly assistant in a Hollywood production company who is routinely denied during his promotion "hearings."
- The Charlie Rose Show with Frank Darabont, Tim Robbins, and Morgan Freeman (SD, 42:21) 10th anniversary interview was right up my alley. Honestly though, much of the material is more than covered by Darabont's commentary track and the two rather long featurettes that are included on the disc.
- Commentary by Director Frank Darabont: Darabont talks behind-the-scenes information. I only wish we had been given a second track with Freeman and Robbins to balance things out.
- Shawshank Stills (1080p, 17:20) This section contains around 150 stills that are partitioned into six sections: Tim Robbins, Morgan Freeman, Supporting Cast, Tim & Morgan, Behind the Scenes, Shawshank Storyboards, and Shawshank Collectibles. Do note that while these are video slideshows encoded at 1080p, the photos themselves only take up the middle portion of the screen.
- Theatrical Trailer (1080p, 1:59)